Sunday, August 28, 2011

La Rochelle!

So after a 3 hour TGV ride I made it to the station in La Rochelle. My main concern now was to find Celeste. My train came into La Rochelle at about 17h15 but I had accidently told her that I would be in Montparnasse at 17h15! I had no way of informing her of my error. I still remembered her address from when she had e-mailed it to me a few days before and my plan was to ask for 'une carte de La Rochelle' (a map of La Rochelle) and then walk to her house. I was still very awake and excited to be in France and see so much in one day but I could also tell that my body was exhaused. I'd been awake and alert for about 24 hours at that point. Anyways, I got off the train and just HOPED that Celeste had read my mind and would somehow be at the train station anyways, while I was looking around for an information desk to ask for 'une carte'. I suddenly heard my name called out and saw Celeste running towards me with open arms. "Celestie!!" We gave a each other a big hug. She somehow figured out what I had meant! Another prayer answered. I was so incredibly happy to see her for more reasons than one!
We walked together back to her house. It was about a 20 minute walk. La Rochelle seemed like such an enchanting little city! There was the smell of the ocean and boats and ports everywhere. Celeste and I were speaking in French most of the time. It was so good to see her again. We soon reached the house and she gave me a little tour. It was such a pretty classic little beach house! I had my own room and put my things down in there. I wanted to go out and see more of this pretty little city but decided I better try and get some rest. It was now Saturday and I wanted to be able to go to church tomorrow. I went to bed, fell asleep much more quickly than I thought I would, and then didn't wake up again till about 1am! Gotta love jet-lag. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment