Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Glance of Paris

Soon I was on the hour bus ride that would take me from the Charles-de-Gaulle aeroport to the Montparnasse station in downtwn Paris. The aeroport, by the way, was HUGE on a gigantic scale. Probably about half the bus ride was just leaving the aeroport! There were runways and arilines on every side from all over the world - Ethipoia, Croatia, Russia, Germany, Arabia, China, etc.! I'd never seen anything like it. Someone told me it is the biggest aeroport in Europe.



As the bus came into Paris I was so excited and amazed at all the sights around me, even when some of them weren't necessarily much to look at. For instance, I loved the thought of the 'french grass' and 'french birds'...they weren't even 'birds' here - they were 'les oiseaux'! The insignificant cafes, the minutest stone carving in a building, the style of the architecture, the one-way streets, the small cars, the odd road signs, eveything was enchanted and french! I was in Paris and couldn't believe it! I think the hardest part about that day was not having someone to share it with. When we drove over la Seine I wanted to gasp in excitement. When I caught a very far away glimpse of la Tour d'Eiffel I wanted to exclaim how amazing and unbelievable it was! I was smiling ear to ear and looking like a little girl in a candy shop while everyone else on the bus was reading or carelessly looking around with somlemn looks on their faces. This was their life and they had their cares and burdens, but this was my magical vacation. A small excert from my journal: "I am so so grateful for this experience and am loving it even more than I thought I would so far. It would be so fun to have someone to share this journey so far - it's been so incredible. I'll meet up with people soon!"



Soon enough I was at the train station and had plenty of time to spare. I was there for about 3 hours. I ate my first french lunch which I thought was quite tasty! It was ham, cheese and butter on a baguette.







No comments:

Post a Comment