Thursday, September 22, 2011

Soiree Night!

That evening we had a fantastic time with other young adults from La Rochelle. We had an 'english soiree' where those that wanted to improve their english were invited and we all spoke english the whole time. There were about 10 of us and we joined together at a nearby 'brasserie' or bar. (The bars there are very cafe style and not like what you'd think of a bar in the states.) I ordered a hot chocolate and we had a great time all intorducing ourselved in english and asking questions about each other. I felt like I was able to contribute more to the conversations because they were in english! Although I did miss speaking French. :) I was very happy to be able to share my skills with those that wanted to learn.
Afterwards there were some of us that wanted to go and get Kebabs. A kebab I had never heard of before but there were a lot of places that sold them, always with french fries. It is basically like a middle-eastern inspired hamburger. Celeste and I got one to share and it had sliced beef and was seasoned with curry! Very different but good. :) The french fries were similar to the states but a little different and very good! I figured I wanted to try them at least one time is France. They also served humburgers and I took a picture of the menu becuase I thought it looked cute in French. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment