Monday, September 5, 2011

Les Fromages (cheese)

I was so anxious to jump into the French culture as deep as I could go. I wanted to speak their language, eat their foods, see their buildings, participate in their activities. Somethings that was VERY french was their selection and variety of cheeses. What can I say? I LOVE the cheese in France. There are so many different flavors, types, tastes, textures... it was fun to experiement with them and find a favorite! They all tasted great to me though. At every market and store there was a huge variety of cheese. I liked to just randomly pick them out having no idea what it would taste like, and then be surprised when I tried it. One I particularily enjoyed was goat cheese made in the Pyrenees mountains. That's something you'll never find in the states!

They had cheese with almost every meal. It was an after meal thing, but not a desert. I don't know, something to kind of 'top off' your stomach I guess. They would always have it with baguette - another french favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment